Position: Beacon Family Engagement Coordinator at Francisco Middle School
Reports to: North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Director
Salary: $24.00 to $25.00 per hour
Benefits: Generous benefits package
Work schedule: Full time/ Monday through Friday
Description: The Beacon at Francisco Middle School is creating a new position for a Family Engagement coordinator, who will be an instrumental member of our team. We need candidates who are fluent in Spanish, who feel comfortable designing and distributing promotional materials for events and programs, who understand the needs of families and who want to be part of building effective systems to help parents support their children’s learning. This role will coordinate directly with Francisco’s family liaison and administrative team and work closely with the director of Beacon programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build positive relationships with youth and their families
- Facilitate and plan family activities including after school workshops
- Assist with daily Beacon operations, including registration, attendance and data entry
- Increase visibility of program activities through flyer design, marketing, and outreach
- Participate in regular staff meetings and on-going training opportunities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Interest and experience working with under-represented families in San Francisco
- Minimum one year of experience working with families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and Internet based research
- DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, TB clearance required
The North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Center at Francisco Middle School provides youth, families and community members with safe and engaging programming, offering academic support, enrichment, recreation, employment, and youth development opportunities. Activities and services are offered during the school day, after school, during evenings, and weekends throughout the year at Francisco Middle school.
Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) is a nonprofit organization which provides services and advocacy for residents of San Francisco. Founded in 1890 by Alice Griffith and Elizabeth Ashe, TEL HI provides opportunities for individuals and families to enrich their quality of life. Focusing on children, youth, families, and seniors, we create and strengthen community bonds, provide health and wellness programs, and broaden education and cultural experiences. Our programs include an infant care (3 – 18 months), toddler care (18–36 months), Preschool (2 ½ -5+ years), After School Academy (K-5th grades), Expanded Learning Program (6th-8th grades), Futurama (9th-12th grades), Senior Program, and more.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Lorraine Orlandi, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.