Position: After School Program Leader
Reports to: North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Director
Work schedule: Part Time/ 2:15 – 6:45 PM Monday through Friday
Description: This is an after school leadership position with the Beacon program at Francisco Middle School in North Beach, San Francisco, to assist with the planning and facilitation of academic support and enrichment opportunities for middle school youth. You would join an experienced, tight-knit team creating and leading a wide-range of academic, wellness and social-emotional activities during the school day and after school.
We now have summer openings for temporary positions at 40 hours per week June 10 – July 19. This temporary position may lead to a permanent one on our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and plan enrichment activities including after school workshops and clubs for youth
- Build positive relationships with youth and their families
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior guidance
- Assist with day-to-day operations of Beacon programs, including registration, attendance and data entry
- Incorporate youth development best practices within all program activities
- Increase visibility of program activities through flyer design, marketing, and outreach
- Participate in regular staff meetings and on-going training opportunities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Interest and experience working with under-represented youth in San Francisco
- Minimum one year of experience working with children
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Chinese, Arabic, Vietnamese, or Spanish preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and Internet based research
- The candidate must meet SFUSD Instructional Aide Requirements: (An AA degree or higher or Official transcripts reflecting 48 college units and a high school diploma/equivalent or Completion of CBEST and a high school diploma/equivalent.) DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index, TB clearance required.
The North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Center at Francisco Middle School provides youth, families and community members with safe and engaging programming, offering academic support, enrichment, recreation, employment, and youth development opportunities. Activities and services are offered during the school day, after school, during evenings, and weekends throughout the year at Francisco Middle school.
Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) is a nonprofit organization which provides services and advocacy for residents of San Francisco. Founded in 1890 by Alice Griffith and Elizabeth Ashe, TEL HI provides opportunities for individuals and families to enrich their quality of life. Focusing on children, youth, families, and seniors, we create and strengthen community bonds, provide health and wellness programs, and broaden education and cultural experiences. Our programs include an infant care (3 – 18 months), toddler care (18–36 months), Preschool (2 ½ -5+ years), After School Academy (K-5th grades), Expanded Learning Program (6th-8th grades), Futurama (9th-12th grades), Senior Program, and more.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Lorraine Orlandi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.