A Letter from our CEO: We are TEL HI STRONG
March 27, 2020
Dear TEL HI Supporters,
During this time of crisis, our primary focus is on everyone’s health and safety. So, we have been taking countless precautions like sanitizing our facilities, having our programs meet online, following guidance on best health practices by credible government organizations like the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH), and practicing social distancing wherever we can.
However, for us at TEL HI, social distancing doesn’t mean community disengagement. We want to reassure you that we are committed to our mission statement of enhancing the lives of people living in our community. Instead, we remain TEL HI STRONG.
We’re continuing to serve the community in many ways including the following:
- Providing emergency pre-school and K-12 child-care services for doctors, nurses, first responders, other medical personnel and vulnerable families
- Staffing local food banks for over 3,000 families in need
- Providing meals to go for our seniors
- Hosting virtual learning sessions such as online tutoring and clubs
- Outreaching to over 1,000 families to assess their needs and share resources
- And much more
Still, with things constantly changing and the loss of our biggest fundraisers of the year, funding for the above services is crucial.
In the meantime, please consider donating today to support us with the resources needed to serve our community through these worrying times. For many of our clients, TEL HI’s services are critical resources in their day-to-day lives and on a more personal note, the center is oftentimes, a second home to them.Donate Here
Thank you for sticking with us through this crisis and remember, no matter the challenge facing our community we remain TEL HI STRONG.
Nestor L. Fernandez II