TEL HI Honors San Francisco Mayors at A Taste of TEL HI 2023
May 2, 2023
SAN FRANCISCO, CA May 12, 2023— Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) holds its annual fundraiser event, “A Taste of TEL HI,” presented by Cruise at Oracle Park on May 12, 2023. Set to honor Mayors of San Francisco, this is an important occasion to benefit educational programs for children as well as the many programs TEL HI provides every day in direct services to children, seniors, and families.
The center serves over 1,000 people a day whose ages range from three months to 100 years old and represent a wide range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Through its long local history, TEL HI has been operating on the frontline, lending support in major disasters including the Great Earthquake and Fire of 1906, the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake and the Covid-19 pandemic.
Emmy Award-winning TV news anchor and reporter at ABC7/KGO-TV, Dion Lim, ABC7 News Anchor will serve as emcee and Franco Finn, the animated hype man for the Golden State Warriors, is the evening’s auctioneer. Former Mayors of San Francisco, Art Agnos (1988-92), Frank Jordan (1992-96), Willie Brown (1996-04) will be featured speakers with other special appearances by San Francisco dignitaries, including Joanne Hayes-White, Chief of Staff to Senator Dianne Feinstein and Supervisor Aaron Peskin to highlight the evening.
The program will include a live and silent auction, fund-a-need and a raffle with proceeds benefiting the children of San Francisco. Guests will have a chance to win items in the silent and live auctions, including:
- A Fabulous Five-Course Dinner for 8 Guests at Eco Terreno Wines & Vineyards New Urban Tasting Room in San Francisco, courtesy of Eco Terreno Wines & Vineyards
- Hawaiian Paradise Getaway, courtesy of Ted Rich and Alaska Airlines
- A week in Princeville on the scenic island of Kauai in Hawaii plus 2 round trip Alaska Airlines tickets
- SF Giants Field of Dream Package courtesy of Jack Bair and the San Francisco Giants
- Four (4) Club Level tickets, a field visit during Giants batting practice to watch the team and get up close to some of your favorite Giants. The winner will also take home a basket filled with promotional items!
- Golden State Warriors Fanatic Experience, Courtesy of The Golden State Warriors, Franco Finn & Susan Atherton
- Includes tickets to a Warriors game, signed Warriors memorabilia, and courtside seats during warm-up with hype-man Franco Finn
And a 52 Card Raffle: Which includes an all-inclusive Mexico Spa Getaway courtesy of Patty McCrary, Ixtapan Spa Yoga & Fitness Resort, Patron Tequila, A week stay at an all-inclusive spa resort in Ixtapan de la Sal, Mexico, includes spa treatments, fitness classes and meals + $500 travel voucher + Patron Basket. Tickets cost $100
“This year’s Taste of TEL HI fundraising gala will showcase the tremendous impact that our city’s mayors have had on shaping San Francisco into the vibrant and diverse city it is today” said Nestor L. Fernandez II, CEO and Executive Director of TEL HI. “Our event is a celebration of the rich history of San Francisco, as well as an opportunity to come together as a community and support the future of our City by raising funds for local kids who are in need of academic assistance. At TEL HI, we take great pride in San Francisco and its values of promoting education, providing equal opportunities for all, regardless of their economic status, and fostering a strong sense of community. It is an honor to be a part of this event and to work alongside others who share our commitment to making a positive impact in our community.”
Guests will sip on wine and cocktails from Patrón Tequila, Grey Goose, 94574 Brand, Eco Terreno Wines & Vineyards, Canihan Cellars, Soujorn Cellars, Scoma’s, Brasswood Cellars, Hill Family Estates, and Winery Collective and enjoy Caviar Co., with chocolate from OCHO Candy.
TEL HI thanks its sponsors: Cruise, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, McCarthy Building Company, LearnIt, Pier39, Transform-CX, US Bank, NEMS, Kaiser Permanente and PCS.
For More Information Visit telhi.org/Taste