Position: Program Leader
Reports to: TEL HI Senior Program and Family Services Manager
Salary: $16-$19 per hour, depending on experience
Work schedule: 15–25 hours per week, possibilities of additional hours
Availability: 3–6 pm Monday-Friday
Organization Description: Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) is a nonprofit organization. TEL HI provides services and advocacy for San Francisco residents. Focusing on low- moderate-income children, youth, families, and seniors, TEL HI creates and strengthens community bonds, provides health and wellness programs, and broadens educational and cultural experiences. With its diverse array of programs and services in multiple locations, TEL HI serves over 1000 people each day. Program services include: Infant, Toddler & Preschool programs (3 months to 5 years), Elementary School Academy (K-5th grade), Youth Center and Adult and Family Services at North Beach Place, North Beach-Chinatown Beacon Center at Francisco Middle School, after school program at Galileo Academy of Science and Technology, and a Senior Program. For more information, please go to www.telhi.org
Position Overview: The Program Leader position is a part-time contract position that assists North Beach Place Apartment (NBP) Family and Youth Services Specialist with various program-related tasks and responsibilities at TEL HI’s Youth Center, located within NBP. The Youth Center provides enrichment activities for local youth or youth residents of NBP as well as the surrounding community. The Youth Center operates from 3 pm-6 pm Monday-Friday. TEL HI also hosts ongoing and seasonal events for the larger NBP community, which the program leader may help with time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day programs for youth drop-in services including but not limited to: sports, cooking, gaming, team building, arts and crafts, youth leadership, and general tutoring.
- Assist in outreach and marketing of activities and events to NBP residents and the larger community to build membership and ensure the entire complex has access to the center’s services.
- Ensure program activities and operations reflect best practices, specifically around youth development as determined by TEL HI staff and the Site Manager.
- Ensure that the program provides inclusive learning experiences that are developmentally and culturally appropriate.
- Collaborate with other TEL HI staff to ensure alignment of activities across all programs and smooth service delivery to participants.
- Work in conjunction with program staff, contractors, and community partners.
- Plan and oversee the effective development and administration of programs and services.
- Establish and ensure compliance to day-to-day program policies, program-specific grant requirements including quantitative and qualitative reporting and tracking.
- Attend internal meetings as identified by Site Manager to ensure proper program planning and implementation.
- Support TEL HI’s fundraising efforts as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Experience and dedication in working with underserved communities.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a dynamic team member.
- DOJ, FBI, Child Abuse Index and TB clearance required.
Interested applicants should send a job-specific cover letter and resume to:
Koletti Leha, Senior Program and Family Services Manager
Josh Feierstein, Director of Programs
Applications will be taken until the position is filled.