Position: Elementary School Academy Enrollment Specialist
Reports to: ESA Program Manager
Salary: $20 per hour
Work schedule: 30 hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Organizational Description: Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center (TEL HI) is a nonprofit organization. TEL HI provides services and advocacy for SF residents. Focusing on low – moderate-income children, youth, families, and seniors, TEL HI creates and strengthens community bonds, provides health and wellness programs, and broadens educational and cultural experiences. With its diverse array of programs and services in multiple locations, TEL HI serves over 1000 people each day.
Position Overview: The Elementary School Academy (ESA) Enrollment Specialist works under the supervision of the ESA Program Manager/Programs Director in collaboration with staff and parents to design, implement, and evaluate a culturally and developmentally appropriate program. This position is instrumental in maintaining/upkeeping the data and files needed to run the program. Primary responsibilities include student recruitment/enrollment, data entry/filing (Children’s Council, DCYF, ESA), parent outreach, tuition collection. The ESA Enrollment Specialist will assist the ESA Program Manager in interacting daily with parents and community members. The ESA Enrollment Specialist will work collaboratively with the ESA Program Manager and Programs Director to maintain student files, outreach, and build strong family and community relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of Elementary School Academy, including:
- Parent outreach
- Enrollment and tuition collection
- Data entry/filing
- Collaborate and build with school-day staff and administration to promote youth programming
- Lead and implement direct service activities to participants, either as an ongoing activity or as a substitute
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management
- Encourage involvement in program activities by building positive relationships with students and their families
- In conjunction with Program Manager and Program Director, actively maintain a positive relationship with school partners including teachers, staff, and other on-site providers
- Participate in regular staff meetings and on-going training opportunities as needed
- Create relationships both internally and externally with individuals and organizations to better the after-school program
- Work to increase academic achievement by providing academic support, homework assistance, and individualized/group tutoring
- Support in supervising and assisting after-school staff as needed
- Oversee Elementary School Academy’s Snack Program
- Ordering snacks
- Snack paperwork
- Ensuring snack service is up to DCYF and Health Dept. standards
- Support TEL HI’s fundraising efforts as needed
- Administrative Duties that include
- Ordering supplies online for various programs within TEL HI
- Reconciling credit card statements (monthly)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Program Manager
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience, a Bachelor’s Degree, 12 units of ECE or Child Development courses and 3 units of field experience and is bilingual in English/Chinese. Candidates must have proven supervision and leadership skills, excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, and an ability to work well with a diverse population of children, families, seniors, staff, and volunteers.
The candidate must have the ability to work both as part of a team, as well as independently when needed. Self-motivation, initiative, flexibility, creativity, optimism, excellent problem solving, consensus building, and multi-tasking skills are essential for the position. Excellent written and spoken communication skills are also essential. Familiarity and comfort working with computer applications and the internet are necessary. Bilingual English/Cantonese/Mandarin speakers are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should email a job-specific cover letter and resume to:
Josh Feierstein, Director of Programs
Please, no phone calls about this position. Due to the high volume of inquiries, TEL HI will only respond to a select number of applicants who best fit our needs.