- A nutritious, hot lunch served in our dining room each weekday
- Popular tai chi and line dancing classes plus other physical activities
- Senior-specific workshops, including arts & crafts and ESL
- Monthly blood pressure screenings (Can you say sphygmomanometer?)
- Computer skills instruction and access to our computer lab
Approximately 110 seniors benefit regularly from these services. That adds up to
- 18,000 hot lunches served annually (that’s a lot of lunches to socialize over)
- 5,000 staff service hours dedicated to senior-specific exercise programs
- Around 7,000 staff service hours toward computer lab assistance
Seeing seniors smile, exercise, and engage with one another gives us great joy! For a general schedule of activities, download our Senior Program Brochure. To learn more, you can also visit our Senior Programs page.
A TEL HI Profile
Tim has been a member of TEL HIs Senior Program since 2008. He is a caring and devoted volunteer who assists with TEL HIs fundraising events, activities, and the daily hot meal program. He participates regularly in TEL HIs yoga classes and Healthy Aging programs. He also receives his only hot meal of the day here, along with fellow seniors who have become an essential part of his life.
In 2011, when Tims wife had an accident, members of the TEL HI community visited him daily to provide hot meals to his home, hospice referrals, and most importantly, emotional support to get through such a difficult time. We are proud to call him family. Today Tim is one of our most active and dedicated volunteers. He continues to support TEL HIs mission by giving his time, talents, and friendship to everyone he meets here.